- Cutting Through the Noise: Market Evolution and Pathways to Access for COVID-19 Vaccines and Therapeutics
- Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and Diabetes: The Importance of Prevention, Management, and Support
- REGISTER NOW! Virtual Meeting – Impact of COVID-19 on Adult Immunization Coverage Rates and Update from CDC on Influenza Communications for 2020–21
- Understanding Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV), Influenza, and COVID-19: Preparing for the Fall
The Summit is pleased to provide our partners with information about webinars of interest being conducted in July and August. Please be sure to check out these excellent opportunities.
Cutting Through the Noise: Market Evolution and Pathways to Access for COVID-19 Vaccines and Therapeutics
July 22, 2020 | 12:30 – 1:30pm (ET)
Avalere experts will discuss the marketplace for COVID-19 vaccines and therapeutics, including key decision points for regulatory pathways, pricing, and distribution scenarios for optimal US and EX-US market access.
With hundreds of vaccine and therapeutic candidates in the pipeline, planning ahead for patient access is vital. This uncharted territory provokes important questions about regulatory pathways, pricing, government, procurement, coverage, access, distribution, and more. Avalere experts will explore these questions and tipping points, as well as the necessary market access strategies.
Key topics will include:
- FDA regulatory considerations and downstream implications
- Coverage and access challenges
- Pricing, procurement, and distribution scenarios
- Potential 2020 election impacts on the COVID-19 response
Note: This webinar was held on July 22. Summary information and presentation slides are available online. An audio recording will be added to this site at a future date.
Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19) and Diabetes: The Importance of Prevention, Management, and Support
CDC COCA Call
July 28, 2020 | 2:00pm – 3:00pm (ET)
During this COCA Call, presenters will focus on current information about the impact and increased risk for COVID-19 complications in people with diabetes and the importance of diabetes prevention, management, and support.
If you are unable to attend the live COCA Call, the recording will be available for viewing on the COCA Call webpage a few hours after the live event ends. The slide set will be available under “Call Materials” on the COCA Call webpage.
To join the webinar:
- Click this link: https://www.zoomgov.com/j/1615367357
- Or iPhone one-tap: US: +16692545252,,1615367357# or +16468287666,,1615367357#
- Or telephone: Dial (for higher quality, dial a number based on your current location)
- US: +1 669 254 5252 or +1 646 828 7666
- International numbers available: https://www.zoomgov.com/u/adZxVjTr5J
- Webinar ID: 161 536 7357
REGISTER NOW! Virtual Meeting – Impact of COVID-19 on Adult Immunization Coverage Rates and Update from CDC on Influenza Communications for 2020–21
National Adult and Influenza Immunization Summit
July 30, 2020 | 10:00 – 12:00pm (ET)
Please register now for the Summit’s next virtual meeting, titled “Impact of COVID-19 on Adult Immunization Coverage Rates and Update from CDC on Influenza Communications for 2020-21.”
At this virtual meeting, 6 vaccine manufacturers will present their data on the impact of COVID-19 on adult immunization coverage rates in the United States and internationally. Presentations will also include information on potential directions that manufacturers will take in the fall to address the steep decline in adult immunization coverage rates. Additionally, Becton Dickinson will be presenting on their work to ensure a stable supply chain of syringes and needles, and CDC will present information on CDC communications for the upcoming influenza season.
This virtual meeting will be held via Zoom. The tentative agenda is shown below:
- Brief welcome from IAC, CDC, and OIDP – 10 minutes
- Update on influenza communications – Erin Burns, CDC – 10 minutes
- Data presentations by six manufacturers on impact of COVID-19 on adult immunization coverage rates (scheduled to present are Seqirus, Sanofi Pasteur, Pfizer, Merck, GSK, and AstraZeneca) – 60 minutes
- Update from Becton Dickinson (BD) on syringe supply – Daniel Smith, BD – 10 minutes
- Questions and answers to panel – 25 minutes
- Closing – 5 minutes
Understanding Respiratory Syncytial Virus (RSV), Influenza, and COVID-19: Preparing for the Fall
A Webinar from The Gerontological Society of America
August 31, 2020 | 12pm – 1pm (ET)
Respiratory syncytial virus, or RSV, causes 177,000 hospitalizations and 14,000 deaths in older adults each year. Those over 65, adults with chronic heart or lung disease, and adults with weakened immune systems are particularly at risk. Yet RSV remains underdiagnosed.
In this one-hour webinar, experts will answer questions about RSV and how to prepare for the fall, when influenza and COVID-19 will be co-circulating. Participants will understand RSV and its impact on older adults; the challenges of distinguishing between RSV, influenza, and COVID-19; and how to keep older adults healthy with so many respiratory viruses circulating, particularly in a long-term care facility. Speakers will address gaps in understanding and research opportunities, as well as what gives them optimism for the fall respiratory illness season.
- Robin Jump, MD, PhD – Case Western Reserve University, Louis Stokes Cleveland VA Medical Center
- Lindsay Kim, MD, MPH – Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
- Helen “Keipp” Talbot, MD, MPH – Vanderbilt University Medical Center
The program will be moderated by Elizabeth Sobczyk, MSW, MPH, Director of the GSA National Adult Vaccination Program.
Registration is available online.
This webinar is supported by Johnson and Johnson Health Systems, Inc. Content is developed by GSA.